Fresh corn kernels - 2 cups
Grated Coconut - 2 table spoons
Tomato - 1 no
Ginger - 1 inch
Green chilies - 2 nos
Cooking oil - 2 table spoons
Mustard seeds - 1 table spoons
Black gram dal - 1 table spoons
Asafoitida - 1 pinch
Curry leaves - a few leaves
Coriander leaves - 2 table spoons
Salt to taste
1. Grind together coconuts, ginger, tomato and green chilies together.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds and black gram dal.
3. After the mustard crackles and the dal turns golden brown add asafoitida and ground masala.
4. Stir cook till the masala cooks, add salt, turmeric powder and also the corn kernels.
5. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook in low flame. Keep it covered and stir inbetween.
6. After the corn is cooked, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.